SIMON LEUNG'S INTERNET MARKETING AND AFFILIATE MARKETING POWER BLOG!


« Home | Emerald Passport Distributor » | Plug Into Profit! » | BuzzMeIn! Marketing » | It's Never Going to End! » | Selling Wholesale Products is No Fun » | Wholesale Product Websites » | Leaving PPC Behind for Now » | All Work and No...Work... » | And We're Back In » | It's a Whole New Ball Game » 

Thursday, December 30, 2004 

My First Traffic Lesson

OK, it seems like no matter what website I end up, there is a common theme - promote, promote, promote! Promote this page or link and watch the sales come soaring in, they say. But the thing is, not too many of these sites teach you how to promote. So - how do you do it? How do you promote your website and get targeted traffic to your website?

While researching on ways to drive traffic to my website, I'm running into some very interesting marketing methods that I have never heard of before. They're quite interesting, but do they work?

They are Traffic Exchange websites - supposedly from earning points and viewing other people's ads, and you get to submit your own website into the mix. You are required to look at the displayed websites, so I suppose it could work. But how targeted is it?

Well, I've decided to give it a try. I signed up for a lot of these traffic websites, signed up for a rotator and even purchased a software that helps automate this process. It's quite an investment, so I sure hope this works!